One Community Health acepta Medi-Cal - 13 de octubre de 2020
At One Community Health, we understand that these are difficult times. Many people have lost their jobs, and with them, health insurance. We believe this should never be a barrier to receiving quality health care. In our last post, we discussed some of the options you have if you have lost your health insurance. Today we?ll take a more in-depth look at Medi-Cal. If you are looking for a Medi-Cal provider in Sacramento, give us a call.
What is Medi-Cal?
Médico is California’s Medicaid healthcare program supported by Federal and state taxes. It was started in 2014 as part of the Affordable Care Act. Since then, Medi-Cal has been able to provide health coverage to approximately 2.7 million Californians who previously did not have coverage. It covers an array of medical services for low-income children and adults.
The following conditions qualify you for Medi-Cal coverage:
- You are a resident of the state of California,
- You need healthcare/insurance assistance
- You meet these income requirements
- You are a U.S. national, citizen, or have satisfactory immigration status
- You are over the age of 64 or under the age of 21
- You are in a skilled nursing or intermediate care home
- You are pregnant or have a child 18 or under
- You are blind or disabled
- You have a child, parent, or spouse in your household who is blind or disabled
- You are enrolled in one of the following programs:
- CalWorks (AFDC)
- Refugee Assistance
- Foster Care or Adoption Assistance Program
If you have any questions about your eligibility for Medi-Cal, give our Community Resource team a call. We would be happy to assist you, free of charge.
What are the Benefits under Medi-Cal?
- Outpatient (ambulatory) services.
- Emergency services.
- Maternity and newborn care.
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment.
- Prescription drugs.
- Programs such as physical and occupational therapy (known as rehabilitative and habilitative services) and devices.
- Laboratory services.
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management.
- Children?s services, including oral and vision care.
Medi-Cal also provides dental and vision benefits for adults and children.
How do I sign up for Medi-Cal?
To apply for health coverage, you can fill out an application on the Covered California website year-round. Our team is also standing by to help you with the application process and answer any questions you may have.
Medi-Cal Provider in Sacramento
Our team at One Community Health understands how difficult it is to navigate the complex health insurance world. That is why we have set up a Community Resource team to help you find and apply for the insurance option that is right for you and your family. If you are already covered and are looking for a Medi-Cal provider in Sacramento, be sure to give us a call to set up an appointment. For a full list of the services we offer, refer to this webpage. We look forward to supporting you in all of your physical and mental healthcare needs.