One Community Health Accepts Medi-Cal – Oct. 13, 2020
At One Community Health, we understand that these are difficult times. Many people have lost their jobs, and with them, health insurance. We believe this should never be a barrier to receiving quality health care. In our last post, we discussed some of the options you have if you have lost your health insurance. Today we’ll take a more in-depth look at Medi-Cal. If you are looking for a Medi-Cal provider in Sacramento, give us a call.
What is Medi-Cal?
Medi-Cal is California’s Medicaid healthcare program supported by Federal and state taxes. It was started in 2014 as part of the Affordable Care Act. Since then, Medi-Cal has been able to provide health coverage to approximately 2.7 million Californians who previously did not have coverage. It covers an array of medical services for low-income children and adults.
The following conditions qualify you for Medi-Cal coverage:
- You are a resident of the state of California,
- You need healthcare/insurance assistance
- You meet these income requirements
- You are a U.S. national, citizen, or have satisfactory immigration status
- You are over the age of 64 or under the age of 21
- You are in a skilled nursing or intermediate care home
- You are pregnant or have a child 18 or under
- You are blind or disabled
- You have a child, parent, or spouse in your household who is blind or disabled
- You are enrolled in one of the following programs:
- CalWorks (AFDC)
- Refugee Assistance
- Foster Care or Adoption Assistance Program
If you have any questions about your eligibility for Medi-Cal, give our Community Resource team a call. We would be happy to assist you, free of charge.
What are the Benefits under Medi-Cal?
- Outpatient (ambulatory) services.
- Emergency services.
- Maternity and newborn care.
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment.
- Prescription drugs.
- Programs such as physical and occupational therapy (known as rehabilitative and habilitative services) and devices.
- Laboratory services.
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management.
- Children’s services, including oral and vision care.
Medi-Cal also provides dental and vision benefits for adults and children.
How do I sign up for Medi-Cal?
To apply for health coverage, you can fill out an application on the Covered California website year-round. Our team is also standing by to help you with the application process and answer any questions you may have.
Medi-Cal Provider in Sacramento
Our team at One Community Health understands how difficult it is to navigate the complex health insurance world. That is why we have set up a Community Resource team to help you find and apply for the insurance option that is right for you and your family. If you are already covered and are looking for a Medi-Cal provider in Sacramento, be sure to give us a call to set up an appointment. For a full list of the services we offer, refer to this webpage. We look forward to supporting you in all of your physical and mental healthcare needs.