Tips for a Good Night’s Sleep
A good night’s sleep is good for your health. Try keeping a consistent bedtime, turning off the electronics, and avoiding caffeine and alcohol before bedtime.
Good sleep habits can help you get a good night’s sleep. Not getting enough sleep is linked with many chronic diseases and conditions. It can also lead to motor vehicle crashes and mistakes at work.
Incorporating these habits can help improve your sleep:
- Be consistent. Go to bed at the same time each night and get up at the same time each morning, including on the weekends.
- Make sure your bedroom is quiet, dark, relaxing and at a comfortable temperature.
- Remove electronic devices, such as TVs, computers and smart phones, from the bedroom.
- Avoid large meals, caffeine and alcohol before bedtime.
- Get some exercise. Being physically active during the day can help you fall asleep more easily at night.